Click image for larger version

Name:	EM40.gif
Views:	1
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	24051

Cheers,

Hugh

Re: Enigma Machine #40

Hi, Hugh, & all...I have a few answers. #3 is "3 sheets to the wind", #4 is "Measure two times before cut(ting)", #12 is The temperature is going up!" Still considering the others!....Thanks. Joan

Comment

I wasn't much help on the last one, and am still busy working and traveling, but I'll try a couple tonight before getting back to the grind! I agree with the thrust of Joan's first two but would likely say "Measure Twice, Cut Once" for #4 and "Temperature Rising" for #12. Then #5 - Dozen Eggs or One Dozen Eggs; #6 - Two Shakes; #7 - Law and Order or Law 'n' Order; #8 - Poverty; and #10 - the Tables are Turned. Hope that helps to keep things moving till Joan and Ranald pick up the rest. Thanks!

Comment

Joan you got #3 right on but Rick's answers for #4 & #12 are the closest to Doug's. Rick, good to see you back and your other answers are right on except #6 needs a little more work. How about those colored letters.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Thanks, Rick for stepping up!!! I did get another one....#6 "Ready in two shakes".

Tks, Joan

Comment

Right you are Joan. That leaves #1, #2, #9 & #11 I think. Some challenges for Ranald?

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

I don't know where the time goes......

#1 You get a pizza in the middle of work #11 A little known geezer.

Ranald

Comment

Welcome back Ranald, we have missed you. A great try on #1 and a surprisingly close answer to Doug's comment on #11. However we are still llooking for the answers to #1 & #11 that agree with Doug.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

We're getting there 'eh! I'm pretty sure #9 - Haiku, and wild guesses are: #1 - Pizza with the Works; #2 - Fruitier. I'm sure Ranald is onto something with "little known" but I can't get it to go any further just yet!

Comment

Rick you have #1 & #9 but #2 isn't even close. Yes Ranald was on the right track with little known so keep trying. Only #2 & #11 left to do.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Answers to Enigma Machine #40:

1. a pizza with the works

2. apple cider

3. three sheets to the wind

4. Measure twice and cut once.

5. a dozen eggs

6. ready in two shakes

7. law and order

8. poverty

9. haiku

10. turning the tables or the tables are turned

11. a little known singer (that only an old geezer would know)

12. The temperature is rising.

I guess Ranald isn't an old geezer!

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Hi Hugh, an OGee would know the song but would not remember the singer lol

Ranald

Comment

Hi Hugh, I do not think Alastair will be able to help.

The following is the link where Doug's Enigma page is on 'electriccanada'.

http://www.electriccanadian.com/life...igma/index.htm

You will notice the Doug's list goes from 1 to 39 !!

Unless Doug has any others, we might be at the end of the fun.... however where did ~40 come from?

Ranald

Comment

I have puzzles through to 100 but saw no sense on posting up the others until Hugh has gone through them here. Now that Hugh has posted up 40 I'll be adding that to the page.

Having said that I could post them all up but not add the answers until Hugh posts them on here?

Alastair

Comment

The regulars don't need a head start Alastair! I only have them up to 78 so I will have to get them from you Alastair, also I am missing #54 & #60.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Working...
                              X