Resizing Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resizing Pictures

We had a discussion about how to reduce the size of pictures while keeping the same quality so thought I'd produce a wee video to show you how I do it.

Alastair

Re: Resizing Pictures

Unfortunately the default Windows7 software that is on my computer does not allow for editing. I have a Nikon Digital SLR that takes 10 megapixal photographs. I will have to see if Nikon has editing software I can install on my computer.

Comment

I just did a Google for "photo resizing", and came up with several free softwares.

Here is one link, and it includes Win7.... I know nothing about the program, therefore take a look at some others first.

http://freewarehome.com/index.html?h...esizing_t.html

Ranald

Comment

Hi Al, that's an interesting wee video, but unless Paintshop Pro can resize a folder with numerous photo's it could take quite some time to resize many. As an example, i mentioned in another post, my daughter had around 800 photos from a 12 mega pixel camera that she wanted to put on a dvd.(I might add i don't have Paint shop Pro, so it might well do a resize with a folder full of photo's.)The total size of them was i think around 6-7 Gig.
        Generally, i would think most people who took photo's from a holiday would be happy the lose a little quality to get them all on one disk.And do it cheaply if they didn't already have an application with which to do it. However to do professional resize and improvements Paintshop certainly looks like the application to use.
        I tried to import the 800 photo's i have in a folder using Photoshop, but received an error message " ran out of memory" half way through the import. I assume it was indicating a shortage of Ram memory of which i have 4 gig installed. If that's the case, only relatively new computers with lots of Ram would do the job.
        The small program ( Mini-compressor) i purchased for $7.50CA at http://www.saturdaymp.com/downloads did the job perfectly with little if any noticable reduction in quality.
        Euan..

Comment

I downloaded photopad image editor and Pixillon image editor. Between them I can shrink and crop the daylights out of my 10 megapixel photographs for posting.

Comment

Working...
          X