Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook

Looks like we have the Facebook interface working now.

Alastair

Re: Facebook

What does that mean?

Elda

Comment

Well if you are a new member Elda you get the option to sign up with your Facebook account which means we just need your Facebook email address and password to create your account. Also we don't require you to verify your details so that means you get right in without having to respond to the email we would normally send out asking you to verify your email address.

Then if you have a Facebook account that means when you submit a message on here there is a check box bellow the message you can click on and the message, when saved, will also be copied to your Facebook account as well.

There are some other options which we're looking at but likely take another few days to review these. To get this interface working we had to get a secure server so that Facebook would interface with us. That's the type of web page you get with online banking accounts that start with https with the s denoting it's secure site.

We're intending do add a few more social network interfaces such as Twitter, Four Square and one or two others that will work in the same way.

When that is all working the only possible problem remaining is the Arcade system. Nola told me that when she plays a game she can save her high score but when she plays it again, trying for an even higher score, it won't let her save it. I'm a bit bemused about this as I have had no other reported issues like this from anyone else. I have a testing account myself and used that to try and get the same problem but I have not been able to duplicate her problem. I was once staying with her and she was able to show me the problem so I know it's there.

Anyway... apart from that everything seems to be very solid. We also have resolved the problem of long boot time. Like if we had to reboot the server it would take the community some 35 minutes before it would become available but now it only takes 1 minute.

I would like to see if there are any new add-ons that might add something worthwhile to the community. Steve said he noticed a couple that might be worth adding but we figured we'd wait a bit while we get the other major item sorted which is adding a comment system to our main Electric Scotland web site. That would allow anyone to comment on any page of the site much like the major newspaper sites have running at the moment for their news stories.

Alastair

Comment

Hi Alastair,

I can vouch for Nola. The Arcade will not save any new high scores.

dmf

Comment

Thanks for letting me know about this. We'll obviously be working on this as it is the last part of the community that is not working as it should.

When we think we've found the problem we'll post up a message saying we think we've fixed it and we'd appreciate it very much if you can tell us if we have or if you are still experiencing problems.

Alastair

Comment

Steve had just phoned to tell me that the Arcade has been upgraded to the latest release and he's tweaked a couple of other things and so he's hopfull that he's fixed the high score problem. Do let me know, if you can, if this is fixed now.

Alastair

Comment

BTW I just noted the Facebook "Like" button now appears at the top of a thread. Steve also tells me there is some more configuration he is able to do with the Facebook interface so will be looking at the options over the weekend. Will keep you in touch.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
              X