Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvelous photography

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ThFCg0tBDck

Nothing I say, do or write could ever top this wonderful photography.
    The joy of this world is caught in seconds. What a gifted photographer
    and whoever else went into making this video.

Re: Marvelous photography

Oh Donna,
    What a wonderful video. Thank you so much. Couldn't stop smiling and there is nothing better than that!

Comment

One word---------------- SPECTACULAR

Comment

You know considering this video is about Alberta I do wonder why the Province won't provide photographs to people wanting to profile the Province. The only thing I knew about Alberta was that it was a Prairie Province and hence grew lots of wheat. I learnt that in Geography class at school. And so for some 45 years I was of the opinion that Alberta was a flat place that grew wheat. I can never remember ever seeing a picture of the Province.

So it was many years later when doing the history of Alberta for the Electric Scotland site that I first realised that there it was such a wonderful place from a scenic point of view. So that's around 45 years that I had no interest in the area and would never have considered it a place to go to for a holiday. I can't help thinking that their tourism industry has missed a huge opportunity by not using web sites around the world for their advantage. I mean when doing the history it is all text... not even one picture. Yet asking for a wee selection of pictures to go with the history they refused to help.

Alastair

Comment

Saskatchewan is the wheat province, not much in Manitoba or Alberta.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Thanks for that Hugh. Mind you I still say there is a lot of ignorance about the various Provinces in Canada which is why I simply don't understand the lack of good material being easily available. And it's the same for Scotland. Loads of people with Scots descent likely know almost nothing about Scotland. I feel it's a marketing trait that doesn't allow decent information to be widely available. From an online perspective they all seem to think having a web site is the answer but fact is that it simply doesn't work. In my opinion when you look at the web as a marketing tool then no more than 20% of your online marketing budget should be spent on your own web site.... 80% should be getting out your information onto other web sites.

Alastair

Comment

Alberta is ranching and tourism (scenery), and Manitoba is mixed farming and dairy. On my last trip out west, Saskatchewan seemed to be growing more canola than wheat.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Working...
              X