Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Blood Pressure

Hey All,
    I am not a nurse like Joan, however, this last week my husband thought he was having a heart attack. He went to the hospital and found out that it was his high blood pressure. Apparently it mimicks a heart attack, shortness of breath, numbness, chest pain/pressure. He obviously had the high pressure for some time and his body just said enough!! Anyway, please be aware of this condition, the silent killer. My husband hadn't gone to the doctor in quite a while, he says I go enough for the both of us, however, I think it is because he is a guy and is a total baby. Hope everyone is doing good.

Re: High Blood Pressure

Hi Diane

The partner always gets one 'h' of a fright, but I was pleased to note that all is well for you and your 'total baby'.

Blood pressure can be adjusted, and no doubt the medics will have prescribed, the relevent medication..

Regards to you both

Ranald

Comment

MANY years ago I was told that I had high blood pressure. Right, says I, I'll fix that. Have been exercising ever since and no sign of it returning. I do get an annual check up, just to be sure.
      I've bet the doc I shall die before I am 82, that's when my life insurance expires~~~~

Sandy

Comment

Hi Diane,

Pleased everything turned out OK for your "Domestic Boss", take care, look after yourselves.

Gordon.

Comment

Hi Diane, glad to hear that it was caught and diagnosed before anything drastic happened. I was totally shocked to develop high blood pressure a couple of years ago which came to light at a visit to the doctors for something else. I had always, my whole life, had lowish blood pressure, so came as quite a shock. The doctor said that perhaps I was programmed to develop it at this age. It took quite a few experiments with different meds to get it under control.

Elda

Comment

Hi Diane,
            Hope your husband is feeling better now and like to share some tips to lower high blood presure.
            Engage your husband in some physical activity to reduce weight and manage stress. Add whole grains, fruits, vegetables and low fat dairy products more in his diet and limit the amount of sodium in his diet plans. Monitor his blood pressure daily.
            san antonio boot camp

Comment

Working...
            X