Nurse suicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nurse suicide

That was pretty tragic news about the Nurse that received that prank call from an Australian radio program. I guess we forget that these things can have a devastating affect on individuals.

Alastair

Re: Nurse suicide

Hey Alastair,
    I just read the news. How awful as she didn't really give any info of importance to the reporters. Those news people should feel responsible for putting her in this situation. What is wrong with reporters???

Comment

Hey...Back several years ago, when working as a nurse on detox/drug/alcohol/rehab unit at a hospital, we nurses were told that we "were not permitted to advise anyone that a particular patient was in our unit." This was even IF we were asked by a sheriff/lawman, or whatever. And overall, that likely is the reason that the nurse did the deed (commit suicide), as she broke their hospital rules in talking with those deejays. Joan (Of course in AA/Al Anon, we weren't to talk about people outside the meeting by name either!!) (I used to belong to Al Anon, not the other!)

Comment

People who have a healthy mental state don't commit suicide about things like that. In the UK it's doubtful that she would have lost her job over it. They're not that paranoid about getting sued for giving out information there.

Elda

Comment

Working...
        X