Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is happening in this wee part of Africa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is happening in this wee part of Africa?

Thought you might enjoy this...

http://biggeekdad.com/2011/07/happy-...pos=0&at_tot=7

Alastair

Re: What is happening in this wee part of Africa?

Can you buy these things at the supermarket?

Comment

LOL! :laugh2: We get lots of lorikeets here and John feeds them. Thinking that bread & biscuits couldn't be good for them I looked for some proper lorikeet feed in the supermarket and found this white powder stuff which I put in a dish on the verandah. Never again! They got drunk on it and were fighting one another.....it was unbelievable! :shocked:

Elda

Comment

Many years ago, as a family, we had huge garden, etc. Also I'd planted the flowering honeysuckle bushes, as a means of blocking passing motorists from seeing into our large acre yard. When the honeysuckle bloomed, it attracted lots of birds & bees. However, when the red berries that came after, came on, the robins would fly into them....they'd eat so many "fermenting" berries, that they also appeared drunk!!! I've got a crabapple tree now, that attracts lots of birds, but note none get drunk from eating the crabapples, they go too fast. Cute video, sitting here laughing out loud! Joan

Comment

Here is a nice wee bird for you all to enjoy. We have one only that visits us daily. He enjoys tapping on the window and whistling, I mimic his call and he seems to enjoy the interaction.

Comment

I have Tuis, Bellbirds and Grey Warblers in the trees around my house. The Tuis are great mimics - the ones here have learnt to imitate the sound of the phone ringing, which is actually a damn nuisance when you're outside - you have to listen carefully to tell the difference.
            Mine don't actually talk, but this one does.

Last edited by albalad; 12 July 2014, 06:48.

Comment

Working...
            X