Electric Scotland Shopping Mall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Scotland Shopping Mall

We now have the three Amazon Shopping Malls available at http://www.electricscotland.com/shopmall.htm

You can also get to them by clicking on "Shopping" in our menu.

I have noticed that some books are only available from one of them so they are by no means duplicte malls.

I am more than happy to get in requests from Scottish authors or those writing on Scottish themes to add their books to the mall. I obviously would need the title of the book and the authors name.

There is more work to do on each of them but I've at least made a start.

I would like to add more music and DVD's but of course I'll need to find artists names to do that.

You can of course help by telling me of any bands or artists that you like or for that matter any other categories you'd like me to add.

Anyway... we're on the way and of course I'd love to have your feedback :-)

Alastair

Re: Electric Scotland Shopping Mall

@#$#!! Alastair, now I'm going to have to redo my budget for the next four months.

Comment

It's actually quite time consumimng hunting for appropriate products. Like I found several interesting books on amazon.ca which I didn't see in either .com or .co.uk.

I spent most of my time today on the .com site as some 43% of our visitors are from the USA, the next group is the UK giving us some 23% of our visitors then Canada with 10%.

I also need to figure out if it's worth doing some non Scottish products. I had an idea I might do some computer peripherals and software but not totally sure if that would fit with the site.

Alastair

Comment

When i actually get to have a budget :laugh2: I see a product on UK Amazon already; Neil Olivers History of Scotland, My daughter gave me the set of DVD's for Christmas.
        Now I will have to budget to purchase the book, I already have the History of Britain (Sharma) and the books,this will round off the history nicely:cool:.
        Last edited by 1938 Observer; 24 March 2011, 00:34. Reason: spelling

Comment

Well I broke the budget and ordered two from Amazon UK......

The Scottish Enlightenment: The Scots' Invention of the Modern World
          and....... A History Of Scotland
          By Neil Oliver

Comment

Thanks for that... how was the experience? Did everything work as you expected?

Alastair

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
              Thanks for that... how was the experience? Did everything work as you expected?

Alastair
              Everything seemed to progress quite well, I'm not used to online shopping (apart from Scotland's People [genealogy] ) account setup was quite simple and I made sure and gave myself an 13 section alpha/numeric password, so all things are under way,books were in stock and should reach me in about 10 days, everything all up [postage & packing] was about $50.00 Aus. which would have been at least the cost of the Neil Oliver book here as it is a 400 page hardback so I'm quite pleased with the the deal. All I have to do now is save up for one or two others that I like.
              Gordon.
              Last edited by 1938 Observer; 31 March 2011, 01:38. Reason: forgot a word.

Comment

Good to know it worked as it should and thanks for letting me know. When I get more time I'll be looking for other books that folk might like to read.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                X