Neil Munro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Munro

Journalist, Editor and Author. I have put up a small biography of this person. He was the author of the Para Handy books and of course the famous TV series. I've also included a nice wee book he wrote, "The Lost Pibroch and Other Sheiling Stories", which is a good read.

You can get to this at http://www.electricscotland.com/hist...unro_neil2.htm

Alastair

Re: Neil Munro

Hi Alastair,
    I am currently reading all the Para Handy tales. I had watched the first TV series (The TV series was based on his 'tales' but I do not think he wrote the series). I bought the collected tales as my Christmas present. This particular edition has lots of explanatory notes and also include some 'hidden gems. Because each tale was originally published as a newspaper story it is easy to read just one or two a night and not have to worry about recalling 'what went before'.
    I find it interesting that while the stories were written in the early part of the last century I can recall much of what he writes about. But then perhaps I am older than I think I am~~~

Sandy

Comment

I wanted to publish the Para Handy tales on the site but there is some question of copyright even though he died over 75 years ago. I have the book in a word document so it would be very easy to put it up. I remember watching the TV series as well.

Alastair

Comment

I don't recall Para Handy being shown in Canada but there are some episodes on YouTube, and I thoroughly enjoyed "The Last Pibroch". Thanks!

Comment

Hi Rick,

Here are two or three Para Handy episodes plus some other Scottish "Gems"

http://www.electricscotland.org/show...ght=para+handy

Comment

Working...
          X