• Show
Clear All

• Bill Haley.

For all you "Golden Oldies"

BILL HALEY & THE COMETS - Razzle Dazzle

Bill Haley - Rip It Up

Bill Haley and His Comets ( Rock-a-beatin' boogie - 1955

Re: Bill Haley.

Not real sure, but the only song I can remember of Bill Haley's was, Rock Around the Clock. My brain can't remember those on the videos above. However, from the age of 17 to 20, I was in England, IF that's any excuse!!! It has been a looooong time ago!! Joan

Comment

Thanks for the memories. I remember Bill Haley as if it was yesterday. He changed music for young people in America forever.
      Never pick a fight with an old Highlander. If he can't fight, he will just kill you.

Comment

Joan, just for you..... (sorry for the rather poor video quality)

Were you one of the young lassies dancing ? :wink:

Ranald

Comment

Wow Joan... you're some dancer!!! <grin>

Alastair

Comment

To you guys!!! I know that I am going to "burst your bubble", however in 1956, I was 15 for most of that year. Yes, I did dance a lot at that time of my life. I wasn't as young as those little "lassies" who were dancing with the tall men!!! Quite weird, I think. I can remember being up in Canada, camping on Manitoulin Island, and either going or coming out of a restaurant, & hearing Bill Haley, & Rock Around the Clock. I was a real innocent in those days.

Also the same year is when Elvis came out with You Ain't Nothin' But a Hound Dog. I used to work at a dance in the basement of the YMCA in Dayton, OH, which was broadcast over the radio on Saturday nights. I eventually did turn 16, & was not allowed to go out in cars with a boy. I did have a young love interest, but only met up at the dance!! He was older, something like 18. That was stopped by me.

You all are very kind to me. Thanks a lot. I remember thinking how strange Bill Haley's hair was, with that curl on his forehead. Also sometime around that time, I saw Pat Boone in person, at our county fairgrounds, & I couldn't understand WHY all the girls were screaming. I wasn't the swooning type! So long for now, & thanks again......Joan

Comment

Working...
            X