Celtic Young Trad musician, Rona Wilkie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celtic Young Trad musician, Rona Wilkie

<object width="512" height="400"><param name="movie" value="http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/external/player.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="config_settings_showUpdatedInFooter=true&co nfig_settings_bitrateFloor=400&config_settings_sho wP

I enjoyed hearing this Young Trad Musician who won in the Celtic Connections. Under normal circum stances, I couldn't get this, but recently down loaded an update from Flash Player 11.1.102.62, & now able to view the BBC site's clips. Isn't that great??? Hope you all enjoy the information & the tunes. Joan PS: Found that the embedded code isn't working on here...perhaps one could copy it, & see it then!!! Sorry.

Re: Celtic Young Trad musician, Rona Wilkie

Uploaded by ronawilkie on Oct 12, 2011

Rona Wilkie playing with Hinny Pawsey and Marit Fält for her Newcastle University Masters Recital

Tunes are: Siubhal mi a Ceann Tire Ile, Miss Lyall

For further information and/or booking: email ronawilkie@gmail.com

Comment

Rona Wilkie playing with Hinny Pawsey and Marit Fält for her Newcastle University Masters Recital

Tunes are: Gordon Highlanders/The Grey Eagle/Crathadh d'Aodaich/ Ways of the World

Comment

This one is a change of style/pace, but it was uploaded by Rona Wilkie so I thought I would include it for interest.

Uploaded by ronawilkie on Apr 16, 2010

Whirlypit are a young upcoming band based in Edinburgh playing a wide range of traditional and self-penned material. Their sound is rooted in the Scottish tradition, but draws inspiration from many others Scandinavian, Quebecois, jazz etc. Whirlypit play with passion and energy. They work to together to create new music, which draws from the different backgrounds of the band's members, to create a sound that is more than the sum of its parts. All the musicians in the band are well established in the traditional music scene in Scotland.
        see www.myspace.com/whirlypit

Comment

Working...
        X