Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Scottish Historical Society Journals

Hi,

I am working on a piece for ES and found some great research books only I cannot get a good copy of all three volumes. The name is the Royal Scottish Historical Society Journals 1705-1830.

The library system here does not offer a very cheap inter-library loan system. These books list all the people who were transported out of Scotland in those years.

The piece I promised my Mam I would do is to help find some of the name changes that occured during the colonial period.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!
    kellyd:redrose:

Re: Royal Scottish Historical Society Journals

Hi Kelly

Could the following link be of any use?

http://www.nas.gov.uk/guides/crime.asp

Worth a look, at least it is a good contact for research, but you might have to pay a visit to Edinburgh?

Ranald

Comment

Hi Ranald,

I am ready for my batteries to be re-charged so I believe as soon as school is out a good few days up there is in order. Thanks taking a look at the link.

Comment

Oh Ranald, I found out something very very interesting by making friends with a very nice priest. Did you know all records pertaining to the Jacobites were moved because of scrutiny by the Windsors? It was all taken out of Scotland.

Comment

Well,,,I finally got on the site !!

I am glad you are researching this article and that Ranald is interested in assisting you...
          Love to all...Mam...

Lu Hickey...

Comment

I am so glad you are here! I am tattling on Alastair, he is really making me work for my history bits! :p But we still love him!

Comment

So Happy you came back Lu, I've missed you and Kelly

Comment

Working...
              X