Stars being outed as sexual predators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stars being outed as sexual predators

Due to doing the ScotNews feed I do have to trawl the various news sites for content. I have been struck recently by seeing so many old time stars being accused of sexual deeds of all kinds. Like we had Jimmy Saville and out of new investigations on him we now have stories about Rolf Harris, Start Hall, Jimmy Tarbuck and the list goes on.

I hasten to add that those names (apart from Saville) are being sited but not yet convicted but none the less it is rather disturbing.

Alastair

Re: Stars being outed as sexual predators

Stuart Hall has admitted his guilt...

I just wonder why it has taken so long for all of these accusations to come out.

Comment

I think the victims probably did try to do something about it at the time but were told that they wouldn't be believed and they'd better keep their mouths shut. A few of them have said something along those lines. I think also that the predators deliberatly picked victims whom they knew they could intimidate.

Elda

Comment

I was not suggesting that the passage of time lessened the offences in any way and perhaps there was pressure brought to bear on the victims at the time.
        I just wonder if some of these cases are being 'judged' by the values of today...
        When I used to coach sports it was quite common to 'touch', show affection, and share emotions. There's no way that sort of behaviour would be accepted today. In many ways things have not changed for the better IMHO...

Sandy

Comment

You have a point there Sandy. I remember talking to a retired salesman that used to work with me. His wife had died and they had no children so I used to pop up to see him on a Saturday for a cup of coffee and a chat. He was a great wood worker and he was at the time making a doll's house for the daughter of a friend. He had told me he went for a day trip to Edinburgh and had sat down in one of the benches in Princess Street Gardens when a mother and her wee daughter sat down on the same bench. He said that the daughter had a wee peak at him and he smiled at her and then he noticed the mother glaring at him as if he was dirty old man. He was quite shaken from the experience.

Alastair

Comment

Sensible men have always been careful in their dealings with small children who are not their own. I remember my sister at 3 years old getting herself lost in Saltcoats when we were there on holiday. This was in 1958. Apparently a man found her wandering by herself and handed her over to a woman as he didn't want it to be seen as possibly trying to abduct her. This is only common sense in my opinion.

Elda

Comment

My sympathies lie with the young boy who went on to Jimmy Saville's show "Jim'll Fix It' and asked for it to be fixed for him to go to Stuart Hall's show 'It's A Knockout.'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

dmf

Comment

I've been watching, on and off, the play-off game between Pittsburg and Ottawa. A lot of the time when I am home the hearing aids are taken out so wasn't paying a lot of attention to what was said. However, tried to listen to something and couldn't catch what they were saying, looked around for a hearing aid and realized I was wearing one...still couldn't understand and then discovered that the CBC also broadcasts the play-offs in Punjabi.

Comment

Working...
                X