Update on Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Forums

I've been adding some introductory messages to some of our forums and decided to add a few new sub groups to the Scotland Group under Politics. I'm hoping we might persuade the odd politician to keep us up to date with developments.

Alastair

Re: Update on Forums

I've made a decision to remove the Scotland Group. I figured as we're a Scottish site a lot of posts will likely be of a Scottish nature so no real need for a Scottish Group at this time.

Comment

Steve has enabled the Photo Gallery software that we are defaulting to on the community. You'll see when you go to Forums that thumbnails of the images now appear at the top. We also show larger thumbnails on the right of the screen. There if you click on the >> you can close it and the forums will expand to fill the screen. You can then click the >> to bring them back. Also at the top there is another arrow which lets you hide the thumbnails but retains just a menu bar at the top. I understand that as we add other widgets there may be other things shown on the right and you can either leave them open or close them down.

When you go to "My Profile" you can now add your own albums and mark them either public or private. The default size is 1024 pixels in width but if you did upload a larger image it will be resized to that maximum size.

Alastair

Comment

Now completed a major update on our forums. The Main Group is now mostly for general stuff about the community. The new Lifestyle Group is where we have created lots of forums for general discussions. In there we have also just added forums for "Mobile Devices and Apps", "Computers" and "Internet".

Now busy trying to add "Introduction" messages to all forums and also trying to add at least one message in each to get things started.

Alastair

Comment

Alistair, i'm wondering if we need a forum for both Cars and Motor racing? A forum for Motor Sport, to incorporate the both maybe?
          Euan..

Comment

We have Motor racing under Sport and Auto under the Lifestyle Group. I had through the Auto under Lifestyle would be where you can talk about cars, etc. I'll check the Introduction message to see what I said about them.

Alastair

Comment

Have added an "Armed Forces" forum and also a "New Products" forum to our Lifestyle Group.

Alastair

Comment

Have added a "Knights Templar" forum. Part of the reason for doing that is that my own Priory of St James in Toronto is helping to host the 2010 International Convent which is in September 2010 in Toronto. I have also added a sub forum for the St James Priory specifically.

Alastair

Comment

Have added a Nature forum to our Lifestyle Group. I got sent in a great video of Humming Birds that I wanted to share and couldn't decide where to put it so thought it made sense to add a Nature forum.

Alastair

Comment

I have added a new group for "Communities" in which I've added the North Halton Celtic Historical Society forum. This is a group I've been involved with for some time so this will let members post messages about their work whenever they have the time.

I've also moved the Gairloch and Loch Maree under this group as we're not getting any response from their community but I did promise to keep it alive for a year.

I might take this opportunity to mention that we're more than happy to help other community groups if they get in touch.

Alastair

Comment

Today I decided to change the Health, Fashion and Beauty forum to just Fashion and Beauty and have created a new forum just for Health.

Alastair

Comment

I decided to create a "Books" forum with the idea that it can be used to help promote authors and for for us to tell each other what we are reading and why we're enjoying what we're reading.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                        X