Toolbar for Electric Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toolbar for Electric Scotland

I have noticed from other Ochiltrees getting in touch with Mam and myself, they always refer to the history on ES. Mama and I laugh because they are quoting our own work back to us. It is amazing how many millions read ES!
    kellyd:redrose:

Comment

As you may know our Toolbar has a chat option and we hope to add this Toolbar to the community soon now.

Here is a video showing you how to use the chat facility...

Alastair

Comment

Well happy to say Steve has managed to add our toolbar to the community so do let us know what you think about it.

Alastair

Comment

Hi Al, the toolbar appears to be working fine, joined chat using Twitter no problems..Good to see Youtube on there as well. I had a quick look at a game on the link, but it was just a trial game,so hopefully not all are the same.
          Euan..

Comment

I tried a game myself and was asked to sign up so I could save my scores. I didn't actually sign up but figured that if you did you could play all the games afterwards. Like everything else it looked to be an interesting option so figured I'd try it out. They are meant to be coming up with other options one of which is a comment system so you can add comments to any page of the sites.

I got quite fascinated with the live stats and all the various pages people were visiting.

Alastair

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Bear View Post
              It is NOT OS Specific but Browser Specific (I have determined)
              Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

by Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly d View Post
                This came up straight away for me and connected to Facebook and Chat.
                Kelly d , do you have Facebook?
                I can;t gey it to work..
                Marie

Comment

There does seem to still be issues with IE8 locking up with the toolbar enabled Al...I got a chance to test it fully in the wee hours before I head off for a long day working Moosefest (Country Music Free Concert) and it never failed to lock my IE8 Browser up within a few minutes...When I switched to Firefox (which is the browser I have started to use as my Primary) it works like a charm...

I'll take a deeper look at this tomorrow while I am working on the system and see if there are any resolutions or workarounds from the toolbar folks

Papa Bear
                  -=> Shared Pain is Lessened - Shared Joy Increased <=-
                  Goddess is Great - Beer is Good - People are Crazy

Comment

Ah... there was a problem with IE for the web site but by adding at the top of all pages of the site above the opening html tag...

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd" >

It fixed the problem.

Of course not sure if you can do this with the community software.

Having said that I've just logged in with IE 8 and the toolbar displays ok and I'm able to move around the community and I've used the toolbar and read a couple of messages and it is still working.

Alastair

Comment

I just noticed that when you click on the live stats icon in the toolbar and when the screen comes up if you click on the link "See all users" it takes you to another page where you can view various maps. One of them is night/day map showing you what parts of the world are in the day or night. That's quite neat.

I have enabled the Facebook pictures but still working on displaying my pictures as right now it's coming up with a blank screen.

Alastair

Comment

Maire,

Kelly d , do you have Facebook?
                        I can;t gey it to work..
                        You may need to update your flash. Facebook calls for it all the time. If you get it to work, I am Kelly D Holley-Whittaker over there.

Comment

Just to let you know I've created a fan page on Facebook for Electric Scotland. That also means that facebook now appears on our toolbar so you can connect to it. I'm not yet sure what I'm going to do with the page so feel free to let me know what you'd like to see appearing on it.

I might also add that the O circle on the bar is meant to bring up my pictures on Facebook but it isn't working. I have a support request in to try and resolve this and everything they've said to do I've done but still no fix. So I await some more advice but if we can't get it working we'll remove it. I do note that Facebook offers unlimited albums with I think a limit of 150 pictures per album so it's not a bad place to store lots of our pictures so it would be good to get this working.

Alastair

Comment

Thanks Alastair and Kellyd.

I'll see if I can give it a try.
                            Marie

Comment

Wow! Allie, I believe being able to have the Fan page is going to be very successful! I went and took a look. Thanks!

Comment

Actually I couldn't see any benefit in having it so I removed that option Kelly. I guess I'm still in the play mode with the toolbar so thought of trying it out.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                                X