ScotCards Postcard Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScotCards Postcard Service

I think I forgot to mention this but we've got our ScotCards working again. We moved it to a new server and it all started to work again as it should. By that I mean it actually sends out postcards again!!! :-)

So if you click on the EScotland menu at the top you can select ScotCards from the drop down menu.

For those that don't know this is our own Postcard program with hundreds of pictures to choose from.

Membership is free and when you login you'll find you have more options such as adding music, adding different postage stamps, attaching poems and stories, uploading your own pictures and also adding various java effects to the card.

I might add that we run a cron job at around 15:30 EST which will send out any cards that were scheduled for that day. And so when you decide to sent a card on a certain day in the future you might make note of this as depending on your own time zone the card might go out earlier or later than you'd intended.

I hope you enjoy this service.

Alastair

Re: ScotCards Postcard Service

Hey, Alastair...I did send an eCard off, but discovered that you cannot get "music" to post, nor can you change the font on the message area. Thought you guys would want to know, when you clicked on the music you wanted, it sometimes took you to another company screen, although I couldn't catch the name...had white background, & was obviously the "music" provider. NO music, though, and NO ability to change font. Tks, Joan

Comment

Hi Joan... were you logged in when you tried that? I did try one card with all the options and it worked ok but I'll try it again and see what happens.

Alastair

Comment

While on the 'Card' subject, when I joined, my ES email address was inserted, but I did not want to use that one.

I changed it, and the message said 'saved' but it still shows the ES address !

Can it be changed only by a moderator?

Ranald

Comment

I think this is likely to be a cookie issue Ranald which you'd need to clear from your cookies on your own computer. I don't actually know how to remove a single cookie mind you but that's likely to be the problem.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
          X