Conscripting blokes over 60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conscripting blokes over 60

[/SIZE]Conscripting blokes over 60----this is funny & obviously written by a Former Soldier-
    .......A must read even if you aren't a "senior citizen"...

I am over 60 and the Defence Force thinks I'm too old to track down terrorists. You can't be older than 42 to join the military. They've got the whole thing arseup. Instead of sending 18-year olds off to fight, they ought to take us old blokes. You shouldn't be able to join a defence unit until you're at least 35.

For starters: Researchers say 18-year-olds think about sex every 10 seconds. Old blokes only think about sex a couple of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young blokes haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. 'My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry' We are impatient and maybe letting us kill some arsehole that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a while.

An 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10 a.m. Old blokes always get up early to pee so what the hell. Besides, like I said, 'I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical arsehole.

If captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Training would be easier for old blokes.. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at and we're used to soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house, away from the screaming and yelling.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course however. I've been in combat and didn't see a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training.

Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy, too. I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to start up a conversation with a pretty Sheila. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his head. He still hasn't worked our that below the hip jeans or shorts will trip him up one way or another. But who said it looks good anyway? Duuuuuh!!

These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way..

Let us old farts track down those dirty rotten coward terrorists. The last thing an enemy would want to see is a couple of million pissed off old farts with attitudes and automatic weapons who know that their best years are already behind them.

***How about recruiting Women over 50 ...in menopause!!! :eek::eek: You think Men have attitudes !!! Ohhhhhhhhhhhh my God!!!
    If nothing else, put them on boat people border patrol in West Australia.... They will have it secured the first night! :smile:

Send this to all of your senior friends...it's in big type so they can read it. :D:D

Re: Conscripting blokes over 60

Yes, I'm in that category, did army training in the mid/late 40's, had a great life..... so what is there to loose.... I don't really want to live to 136 !!

Ranald

Comment

I guess geriatric forces would be considered irregulars (pun intended).

Comment

There is a rumor floating around that the military is recruiting in rural America selling rural folk on the benefits of military service - chiefly misrepresenting the characteristics of the opposition...

1. They hate country music
        2. They hate Jesus
        3. They taste like chicken

Comment

Working...
        X