Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heat and drought

Post Thanks / Like

Heat and drought

It is 37.7777778 C (for readers literate in the metric system; 100F for us in the colonies) outside right now in eastern Wyoming. I was forced to retreat indoors and set up my air conditioner so the hounds and I do not spontaneously combust.

I think I will have a meaningful relationship with this air conditioner over the weekend.

2. Thanks FriedaKateM thanked for this post.
    Like 1938 Observer, Ranald, Diane liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Heat and drought

Just think of those folk that experienced that heat but had no electricity across a chuck of the eastern states due to that storm. I really don't know how they coped.

Alastair

Post Thanks / Like

I sympathize with them. I have sweated off 20 pounds this summer. I am embarrassed to go out in public because it smells like I am frying bacon (and I don't even eat the stuff). Humor aside, the heat is dangerous. It can kill.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Thomas,
    Sorry to hear about your heat wave. I can sympathize. However, we have had nothing but rain for over a week or so!! Finally. It also keeps the temperatures down some. Now don't be telling Alastair that you don't eat bacon as he loves it.

6. Like 1938 Observer liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed I do and am just off to have a couple of bacon rolls for my breakfast! <grin>

Alastair

8. Like 1938 Observer, Ranald, miolchu, Diane liked this post.
    Christmas Mahjong Champion! Mahjong 3D (035) Chrome - Cat And Mouse Champion! Mahjongg 3D (129) Tribal - Abstract Champion! Wild Trivia Slots Champion! Mahjong Solitaire Champion!
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a tempting "add-on".....When I was in England, we often bought sausage rolls. However, they actually were rather greasy if my memory is correct, but I did like them. Joan

10. Like Diane liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
    Indeed I do and am just off to have a couple of bacon rolls for my breakfast! <grin>

Alastair
    Alastair

Just in case you are still peckish...............try this one................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FriedaKateM View Post
    Just a tempting "add-on".....When I was in England, we often bought sausage rolls. However, they actually were rather greasy if my memory is correct, but I did like them. Joan
    Well Joan,
    time to get to the kitchen and make your own taste treats.

13. Thanks FriedaKateM thanked for this post.
    Like FriedaKateM, Alastair liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

I get the nice crusty rolls and then put in smoked back bacon along with a fried egg... then toast them up in a hot oven to ensure they are crisp. The bacon in North America is certainly different to what we get in Britain. I find most of the bacon is streaky whereas we used to get back or middle rashers in Britain and not much streaky bacon although it was available.

Having spent 3 months of my life cutting up sides of bacon I have to say that the actual streaky bacon is only a small part of the side. Most were the middle rashers and again a smaller portion of what we called long back.

Got a description of bacon from wiki...

United Kingdom and Ireland

Grilled or fried bacon are included in the traditional full breakfast. An individual slice of bacon is a rasher, or occasionally a collop. In this region, bacon comes in a wide variety of cuts and flavors:

The term bacon on its own suggests the more common back bacon, but can refer to any cut.
    Slices from the pork belly (with streaks of meat and of fat) are referred to as streaky bacon, streaky rashers or belly bacon.
    Slices from the back of the pig are referred to as back bacon or back rashers, and usually include a streaky bit and a lean oval bit.
    Middle cuts with an eye of meat and an extended streaky section are common.
    Heavily trimmed back cuts which may consist of just the eye of meat are available.

Alastair

15. Thanks FriedaKateM, Diane thanked for this post.
    Like 1938 Observer liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Alastair, please mind what you write. I could hear my arteries crackling just reading your last post.

Wow, this thread has really gotten sideways from the weather!

17. Thanks FriedaKateM thanked for this post.
    Like 1938 Observer, FriedaKateM, Diane liked this post.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information