Toolbar for Electric Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toolbar for Electric Scotland

You removed the Facebook page? Oh, you must have after I looked at it. I just did a search on FB and it took me right to it.
    kellyd:redrose:

Comment

I didn't remove the Facebook page just the link on the toolbar Kelly. I may revisit it when I get some free time.

Alastair

Comment

Actually on reflection I have added it back. Figure I'll just need to see what I can do with it that would make it worth it being visited.

Alastair

Comment

I think it is a great idea. I been nosey, as usual, looking at different Scottish pages on Facebook. I think having a fan page for our beloved ES will only improve the numbers of new members.
          kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Couple of wee changes to the toolbar. I've found out how to stop the Facebook connect window coming up when your mouse pointer goes near it. You now need to click on it to bring it up. Also added is a new bookmark icon which is an orange star. This allows you to bookmark any page on the site and were you on any other site using the toolbar it will come up on that as well.

Comment

I find this toolbar a bit of a pain as it slows the download down (even minimized). You can't start to scroll through until the toolbar comes up. Also, I have IE8 and the toolbar is there for me.

Elda

Comment

It is a bit of a catch 22 Elda. I have been monitoring the stats and it does seem to be doing us some good on visitor numbers and page views. It's probably more useful for folk on our main site rather than the community I grant you that for sure. A lot of use is being made of the Share it button but we also note a lot of views of the YouTube videos. I think that's because we configured it to show Scotland, Scottish, Scots, etc.

Nothing is ever cast in stone so we'll see how it goes.

Alastair

Comment

We've just done an upgrade to our translation app in our toolbar. Many more languages are now available and I note that at the moment if you select another language it will continue to translate pages as you browse the site. I found a bug in it and have reported the issue and it looks like they are working on it as I noted a change in the way it displayed this morning. My problem was that to see if it worked I selected the Polish language. That was fine and as I moved to other pages it kept translating them. However when I went back to select English the pop up window couldn't display all the languages and thus the top language I could go to was Korean with no way to scroll up to select English. I've just re-enabled it and now I see they have an option to display the original language which I could get to. However to get to that I'd disabled a lot of the languages. So.. now I see that having re-enabled the languages they still go off the pages and you still can't scroll to see the top ones.

So this is just a heads up to let you know of this updated facility but i obviously still had an issue although it is clear they are working on it.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                  X